- Easy to apply gel consistency so will not run - ideal for vertical surfaces
- Does not dry - long active work time (up to 12 hours)
- Removes up to 8 coats of paint, varnish, stains and most anti-fouling paint
- Makes stripping elaborate or ornate surfaces easy
- Coating becomes soluble with water so easy rinse after stripping
Dilunett is a solvent and paraffin free paint stripper that will remove any oil and alkyd based paint, varnish or woodstain. Dilunett’s powerful formula strips up to 8 coats of finish in just one application. Suitable for almost any surface such as wood, metal and plastic, Dilunett’s gel consistency means it will not run, making it ideal for us on vertical surfaces, elaborate plaster or wood designs that are in need of being stripped.
Easy to apply, Dilunett dissolves paint in even the smallest of recesses and the finest of details, softening all the layers for a simple and clean removal.
Biodegradable and non flammable, Dilunett is even safe to use in poorly ventilated or confined areas.
Ideal uses for Dilunett
- Can be used on most surfaces; on wood (some woods such as Oak and Chestnut require more attention before using Dilunett), metal (except Aluminum), plastic, stone, cement etc
- Ideal for surfaces difficult to strip due to size or intricate design and horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Solvent free so no toxic fumes.
- Dilunett is capable of removing up to 8 coats of finish in 1 application.
- Ideal for stripping large areas as Dilunett is non-flammable, does not dry out and remains active a long time.
- Does not attack plastics, rubber, synthetic coating or gel coats (GRP).
- Remove any loose and flaking paint.
- Brush off any physical surface contamination i.e. moss, general dirt etc.
Apply a thick coat of Dilunett over the whole surface to be stripped. For woods rich in tannins, work large areas in zones to avoid excessive darkening of the wood.Allow product to work. Remove DILUNETT® and dissolved paint with a stiff nylon scrubbing brush or paint scraper while flushing with water, alternatively use a pressure washer (max 60bars / 870psi).
NB: The use of hot water makes the job easier.
Thoroughly rinse surface with fresh clean water.
After stripping and rinsing. All porous surfaces must be immediately treated with Net-trol while still wet to neutralise the surface.
Dilunett is biodegradable and solvent free so all you need for clean up is water.
Dilunett will not remove the following types of coatings 2 pack or baked on paints. Polyurethane paint and varnish.
Do not use on “weak” woods such as veneers.
Do not use on aluminium.